Friday, November 14, 2008

IAS PREPARATION – MY FIRST STEP

IAS preparation path will be a wide, enduring, enjoyable, and focussed learning with acquisition of myriad concepts varying between general sciences to Indian economy. IAS examinations are basically to test our Emotional Quotient (EQ) rather than our Intelligent Quotient (IQ). So, our character should have upper hand over our intelligence.

I have chosen Psychology and Public Administration as my two optional. I have selected Psychology based on my interest and Public Administration based on the availability of study materials. But, it teaches one thing with reference to IAS post – Public Administration teaches “what to do” aspect, while Psychology “how to get it done from others” aspect.

To initiate my action, I started my preparation with "Fundamentals of Psychology" from NCERT (National Council for Education, Research and Training) books. The books regarding Public Administration will be available within month of time and I will start my preparation of it side by side. The complete grasp of Psychology and Public Administration will be ending on May 2009. I intend to achieve it with efficient preparation period of 6-8 hours daily.


With guidance of my friends and relatives, even the highest peak of Indian Competitive examinations Mt. IAS seems to easily conquerable feat. These words linger in my mind as said by Tenzing Norgay, when he failed in his first attempt to conquer Mt. Everest: “As a mountain, you can’t develop. But, I am human capable of infinite development. I will develop and conquer you next time.” So, the examinations may be complex or tough, but, we human can develop any talents to deal with any complexities.

8 comments:

Madurai citizen said...

I strongly believe that you may achieve the goal at the first time itself.

Jai Sai Ram

Anonymous said...

i came across ur site searching for ias info but i must say ur words ur thoughts are powerful more than reikhi treatment as well..ur uncle were sure right in recognizing u..keep up the god work!!

A grain of sand said...

it was encouraging reading ur approach towards the preparation; i saw u rhyming with me with regards to the optionals taken,and the reason behind taking them.all the best.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Sanjay said...

Great write. Appreciate it.I got to say. Your blog did give some clarity and intuitiveness in taking my first step towards IAS. I wish all the best.
"You get what you want, if you want it bad enough."
All the best buddy.

Anonymous said...

thnx for the above information sir. it was really helpful. i aspire to be a IAS officer.however i need some help over an issue.
can someone guide me for IAS preparation for IAS preparation (hindi) as i am from science stream ,so don’t have much knowlegde about hindi literature and grammer. i have joined @ http://www.wiziq.com/course/7109-upsc-civil-services-general-studies-prelims-cum-mains-exam-preparation for IAS preparation as i am a working professional so ,don't have much time for joining Institute's. ,, sir, can you recommend me few books for IAS preparation which can further assist me in my IAS preparation. ??? thnx in advance. :)

How to prepare IAS? said...

For I IAS preparation NCERT books are important because it will help more for us. Thank for giving other valuable suggestion for IAS preparation.

Unknown said...

Boost your preparation with IAS General Studies Prelims Exam Online Preparation in Hindi
General Studies in IAS exam always enjoys greater importance!
So Enroll Now in this online video course to score well and prepare for IAS in the best way.!

 
ss_blog_claim=0433bd368f249f9c83fa3d01068b7830