Tuesday, October 7, 2008

EMOTIONAL AND INTELLECTUAL MAINTENANCE


When I was 10 years old, I used to play with my friends cycling game in the streets of Madurai. We roam across the streets, making visits to every street near my house. At the end of the day, we conduct cycle races in the nearby ground, where we move to express our cycling skills.
Moved by my eager request, my father bought a new, famous sports cycle for Rs. 2000. With the new capability, I intensely desired to win every forthcoming race. With the costly asset, I was winning consequently in every race, we had.


One of my friends, living opposite to my house, from a poor family bought a second-hand cycle for just Rs. 200. He too joined our races with his new asset. I felt, “Rs. 2000 and Rs. 200 worth difference will be visible in the races.” As I expected, he couldn’t win matches as I was making. But, after some days, to my astonishment, he was winning the races even with his under-value cycle. Surprisingly, he was winning continuously as I done before. I couldn’t understand the possibilities behind his success.


Filled with confusion, one day after completing race, I went to his house to know the secret behind his success. As I went inside, I was surprised to see, he was performing every small maintenance works for his cycle like removing dirt, oiling the spare parts etc. after he returned from ground.


Maintenance with hardware is openly visible from the above story and even from our experiences. This applies even to our emotional-ware. Achieving success “once” is simple, but, “maintaining” achievement is not simple. For this, we require physical, emotional, and mental renovations. Recreation is as important as working. Through recreation, we perform maintenance to our mind. We end with a simple belief, “Small men enjoy in single success, but, super men enjoy in maintaining success.”

QUOTE: "Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought." - Basho

1 comment:

Madurai citizen said...

Difficult to maintain but its TRUE........
Jai Sai Ram

 
ss_blog_claim=0433bd368f249f9c83fa3d01068b7830