Sunday, August 24, 2008

POSITIVE VISUALISATIONS

It was first time; I am meeting him in a kiosk (snack stall) near my college. He was arguing with the shopkeeper for extra cigarettes. The shopkeeper with health consciousness riposted, “I already gave you 2 cigarettes, additional cigarette will definitely injure your lungs and your life will be in stake. I won’t provide you anymore.”

This incident left a black impression about him in my mind, I thought, “How ill his activities are! He is destroying his beautiful life from ugly enjoyment habits.” Whenever I encountered him in the hostel or college, the incident stagnated in my memory flashed in my mind. As days passed, I started to visualise him as one of the worst personality, I have ever come across.

One day, he and I were waiting to make a call in hostel common phone booth. It was an urgent call, I needed to contact with my parents. Because, he came first, he was waiting to get his chance. As I had a negative picture about him, I didn’t express my urgent requirement.
But, he was empathetic to understand my need and allowed me to utilise his chance. Now, unconsciously, the negative picture which was engraved in my mind suddenly got dissolved and he became a friendly, kind, humane personality. After making call, I was waiting to acknowledge his sympathetic action. From the conversation he had in telephone, I came to understand that the person, he needed to converse had just left one minute before
.

After, 15 minutes waiting to make a call and his failed opportunity. I tried to express my regrets over his failed chance. I said, “Because, of my call you lost your call, I am extremely sorry for what happened.” Without disgusted about failure, he just made long, friendly smile and he said, “Oh my friend, I may missed an opportunity in just making a call but I didn’t missed an opportunity to help a good friend like you!”

His answers stroke my emotion with a feeling which I haven’t experienced before: “Even without interaction, he has positive impression about me. But, I have accumulated a negative impression about him by just looking his action without observing his intensions. His habits may be wrong, but not his relationships.”

QUOTE: "Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have. " - Brian Tracy

1 comment:

Arun SAG said...

an eye opener my friend [:)]

 
ss_blog_claim=0433bd368f249f9c83fa3d01068b7830