Thursday, July 10, 2008

INDIVIDUALITY VALUABLE, MUTUALITY INVALUABLE

This happened before eight years, I was playing with my group the badminton game near my house, when traffic in the street was minimal. We formulated following rules in our game:
1. Every player will be given a chance to play, which will move in a cyclic order.
2. A person will be eliminated; once he misses to hit the cork (even touching the cork with racket will be considered as hit).
3. A player may be considered as winner when he faces more number of opponents or remain in the field for full round time.
4. Each round will go for 10 minutes.


Though it may seem childish, it was interesting during those formative days. In order to express our individuality, our objective was to face every onslaught of opponents and make them to eliminate from the field, so that we can conquer the game.

A race started between my friend, a school athlete and me, I tried much to eliminate him but in contrast, I was removed. He got overjoyed by my defeat and started to show his monarchy in his game. He was the winner in every round, we played.

But, a district athlete from nearby street, entered into our game. The district athlete with his intense competence stood as an unconquerable winner. For two days, none of the boys from our street could face his fierce attack.

Now, in order to succeed the new comer, we understood our individuality will not work. We joined hands, we formed a powerful link, and we planned and designed stratagems to destroy the powerful opponent. Mutual thinking helped us in identification of weak point were district athlete was making mistakes. We prepared to hit at weak point recurrently and destroy him, when opportunity lends.

I got an opportunity and I made it happened, the district athlete was defeated. Now, my friend with whom I planned became my opponent. To show “my” individuality and to succeed, I must eliminate other. Instead, I made my opponent to remain in field for long time; in turn he aided me to remain. Whenever, cross hits were made inadvertently, we managed to maintain our synchronism. Thus, “we” succeed by remaining in field for 8 minutes through mutuality.

RULE IT TURNS: Stephen Covey says “Interdependence is more valuable than independence.” For normal success, individuality aids, for super success, mutuality aids. Just refer every accomplishments in past, everything was achieved, through congruent relationships of multiple men, lead by a leader. Organisation success parameters are destined not in ways a man works, but how its men work. In industry, there is no monarchic man, but there are only monarchic men. So, we inculcate, “Directed group always directs accomplishments.”

QUOTE: "Successful people make money. It's not that people who make money become successful, but that successful people attract money. They bring success to what they do." - Wayne Dyer

2 comments:

KASI VISWANATHAN said...

nice about ur past.but what u said is ruling the world till now and it would continue.

Madurai citizen said...

சரவணா!
நல்லா இருக்கு
இதை எல்லாம் படிக்கனும்னு என் பையனிடம் சொல்லி இருக்கிறேன்!

 
ss_blog_claim=0433bd368f249f9c83fa3d01068b7830