Thursday, April 17, 2008

POWER OF MONEY

Two grandchildren came to their grandfather’s house after a long interval, for enjoying their summer holidays. Grandpa gave handful of money as "pocket money".

One grandson returned after his day enjoyment and explained, “Grandpa! I haven’t enjoyed in my life like this before, my father won’t provide even twenty parts of the pocket money you have provided. I went to cinema and enjoyed good lunch at a hotel. Thank you. My dear! Grandpa”.

Another grandson described his enjoyment with enthusiasm, “Grandfather, at first, I went to book fair to buy some intellectual books about self-development, career success, spirituality. Later, I understood our neighbours required some financial help, so I donated rest of the money to them. This is way I enjoyed my day”.

Grandfather queried, “Son, what sort of happiness you earned from doing such job?”.

grandson replied, “I earned some intrinsic happiness which knows no bounds. First, by buying some intellectual books, I would understand myself and success secrets through enlightenment of various philosophers across the world. Further, by helping a neighbour, I created a way for a joy which I would experience whenever our neighbours express their thankfulness through their smiles”.

The attitude and direction with which we express our riches, makes a difference in our life and others.



No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=0433bd368f249f9c83fa3d01068b7830