Sunday, April 27, 2008

POWER OF RICHES

A rich grandfather wanted to identify the best successor of his riches, out of three grandsons. So, he called upon his three grandsons and explained his wish. Since, he didn’t like to split his wealth, he wanted to identify the best one and transfer his wealth to him. So, he devised a test to identify the best of the three. He called upon three and directed, “I will provide each Rs. 10,000 and within one year, who has utilised it in proper direction will be the winner of my wealth.”

Two sons returned before one year period and each exclaimed about their achievement. First son said, “Grandpa, I invested your money in my export business, which is accruing profit.” While second grandson replied, “I earned twenty thousand rupees, by investing in share market.” Grandfather queried about the third son. Second grandson replied, “That foolish brother has joined in a company as an employee.”

Grandpa met third son and enquired about his development. Third son replied, “Grandpa, you provided me sufficient education to make my own living, I consider it as a biggest wealth, you have given me. I am not interested in you wealth. But, I gave new value to your money, which I received from you. I have donated your money to a charity in your name, which will help under-privileged. With my education, I earned 10,000 rupees and that is my yield.”

Third son was selected as the best successor and grandpa explained, “What first and second grandson did was the one, I was doing in my lifetime. But, third grandson taught me a new dimension in the useage of money. That is one I was searching for.”

Value of money is gained, in the direction we use it. Andrew Carnegie says, “We can live with riches, but we shouldn’t die with riches.” Andrew Carnegie is considered as one of the greatest philanthropist in the world, who donated nearly $350,000,000, in early 20th century, a fortune substantially greater in today's dollars.

QUOTE: "Thoughts and ideas are the source of all wealth, success, material gain, all great
discoveries, inventions and achievement." - Mark Victor Hansen

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=0433bd368f249f9c83fa3d01068b7830